boldlygoingnowhere

Crouching Monkey,Hidden Dentist

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

For days now, kalpana and I have been practicing aloud the wording of my hypothetical resignation letter
“How does this sound? ‘I regret to inform you that as of next Friday, I will no longer…’”
“Not ‘regret’! ‘I am PLEASED to inform you…’”
“Ooh, I like that!”
"It is with GREAT PLEASURE that I inform you…’”
“Hee. Good one. And not ‘as of next Friday’ – how about ‘as of tomorrow…’”
“Or 9:30 AM today! That would give you time to clean out your stuff!”
“And tell some people what you really think of their new haircuts and gawdy-ass engagement rings!”
Of course, it never did happen quite like that. My *cough* politeness will get the better of me. We curtsied, we bowed..and told the boss-man what an incredible learning experience working with him has been,and how i've grown as a proffessional and how sad i am to be leaving..(sucking up justified-i do need all the references i can get afterall) and felt just the tiniest sense of ego gratification when he asked me to come back to work for him after i finished this course..

collected my paycheck(yippeee..im rich!!..for a while anyway) and scooted without a backward glance..enjoying that feeling of satisfaction you get from burning bridges you hope to never have to cross again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home