boldlygoingnowhere

Crouching Monkey,Hidden Dentist

Sunday, June 04, 2006

These last few days I’ve been a mass of possibly unsubstantiated but probably identifiable angst.
At first I thought it was because I’d listened to Tori Amos on my way home on thursday and realized that after ten years, I still don’t understand the meaning of half of her lyrics..Then i thought it was the usual thinning-wallet depression i go thru' everytime i pay my rent at the end of the month

Now after much obsessing and analysing and driving two certain blessedly patient people very close to the edge,I've put the it down to me just being equal parts of miserably overworked and miserably homesick.
Basically this stems from the fact that several people- including Dad and bro,Best buddy/mother hen from med school,Just-gotten-married old buddy and his new wife,and a particular dude who never fails to hopelessly scramble my brain for the foreseeable future everytime he shows up- have all been in town at various times over these past two weeks..which was fantastic for that duration..lots of yay-my-peoples-are-here dinners,drinking and goof-balling.
But now that they've all packed up and headed back to their respective homes this weekend,i feel (for lack of a less cliched term),well, a little lost.

5 Comments:

  • At June 04, 2006 11:21 PM, Blogger A and A said…

    Damn, I feel that way whenever someone from School (in Ahmedabad) comes down to town for a couple of days. You know what they say about the grass and how it's always greener on the other side...Gah!

     
  • At June 05, 2006 11:27 AM, Blogger ScarS said…

    "our souls remain hovering in places where we once enjoyed ourselves"

    ~Khalil Gibran

     
  • At June 06, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger dr.jinxed said…

    @wishful
    gah!is right


    @scars
    hmm..true.
    and doesnt make me feel any better anyway

     
  • At June 07, 2006 10:49 AM, Blogger ScarS said…

    Light house family - High

    Listen to it if u ever get the time..

     
  • At June 10, 2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Matty said…

    yah, I get feeling that way too...it's a whole different situation with someone close there who shares your history...then it's back to being a twentysomething watching the world go by!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home